Tuesday 6 March 2012

What's the Big Deal?

Okay, I'm not trying to start any kind of controversy here but, I'm a student, and I really don't see what you'd call the whole appeal of partying.

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but the main staples of a night out at the bars and clubs are: too much to drink, making out with random strangers and losing a load of money (usually on aforementioned drinks). Oh yeah, and often either throwing up afterwards or waking up with a terrible hangover. When did throwing up come to consitute fun? And making out with people I've never met before (which I've never done and never will) seems like one heck of an invasion of personal space. I prefer to spend my money on things I actually need like say food, rent and maybe the occasional DVD or video game.

Yeah, call me a loser if you want but, as far as I'm concerned, I can have just as fun a night, if not even more fun, by staying at home with my housemates and friends with some home made pizza, multi-player games on the Wii and a few DVD's. Aand maybe some hilarious karaoke every once in a while.

And don't think I'm dissing all those people who do like to go out and get smashed every time they've got a night off. You guys do what you want. But me? I just don't see the appeal. Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment